Friday 4 November 2011

Um.... So yeah. (I use those words too much!)

Um... so yeah. I've got a sore finger from typing my book too much so yeah kinda just as well my laptops broken for now. The nail was digging into the skin bleurghh! I triumphed wonderfully today, I actually beat MY DAD at grammar, during a debate on whether I should take part of the blame for my broken laptop or it's all my STUPID DOG'S fault! I wish he wasn't so cute, then maybe Mum would of been a little more annoyed at him at least! He just looked up at her with fake-puppy dog eyes and she was fine with him!
Um... so yeah. My fingers making me need to stop typing every now and again so sorry if I start talking about these wonderful amazing things and suddenly all you see is "Um... so yeah kinda just stepped out of my zone and i can't get back in."
Anyway, I was inspired by a picture on facebook today, i shared it so you might have seen it, it looked a little something like this.


I thought this was really cool and such a great idea, it'd be great in a school or workplace for when you're having a rainy day or somethings just not right. SO, i decided to make my own:)


 Um... so yeah. I figured, whats the point in being happy and smiley myself if I'm not sharing it with everybody else? There isn't one!
It's true, I have days where nothing goes right or people aren't being nice or I just can't get happy. Normally, I just say to myself "Chin up, if you are unhappy, be happier, you can't change whats going to happen so just try and live with it" Which is exactly what I had to say to myself earlier when I was in modern studies, at first I really DID NOT want to be the candidate for our group, so I was pretty upset when I was picked about a month ago (first time I had to say that) Then my friend was upset, she doesn't have many friends, so I took her out of class on her own and tried to make it better. Luckily, it worked and she was fine after about 5 minutes. After that I realised, I have to try and just get on with this. By then though, someone had seen I was upset and took my place. After this I still didn't get the job I really wanted and was the only one who worked hard for it, so I wasn't 100% happy yet.
THEN I thought, St Andrews doesn't accept people who don't just chin up and get on with things they don't want to do. So I texted the girl saying I'll be the candidate, if anything it'll be a bonus to my application.
And a week later, I was sitting at a table near her and I heard her talking about me blah blah blah... Shouting things at me, not sure what they were but by my other friends reactions they were enough to make her say something back which she usually doesn't do. Anyway, I did hear ONE thing. She said she was going to be the candidate. By then I'd already started brainstorming for the speech, I'd taken it really seriously and I was really set on unleashing my English skills on the rest of the class and become the winning party and have that on my St. A's app... So yeah, not really happy. (Second time i had to say that.)

Um... so yeah. Here I am, sitting in mod.st. last week of working on the presentations and guess what. We have a... not so well - written speech... Not so strong points... and guess what I'm looking at now.

Thats right. Not only did I not get to write the speech, but yeah I'm now the new candidate. Written in thick black pen by the woman of war herself. on the massive poster of smarties coming out a tube, the group "The Smarties" Was my idea and yeah no credit. This time, i had tears in my eyes. This was the absolute WORST POSSIBLE way this could have gone, here's me thinking it's impossible but no it actually happened.

1. I never go to write the speech
2. I still have to say it
3. I never got the actual job I wanted
4. I have to go in-front of the class and read out a poorly written speech, that everybody else thinks I've written.

Third time I had to say that. Um... so yeah. At first I thought of finding a way to get out of modern studies next week, it's bad enough that nobody I know ever appreciates the work I do, let alone instead of writing something really good and wow-ing everybody I actually have to pretend I've written a bad speech and say it. Then I thought, why was I saying "Chin-up" in the first place? Because I need to chin-up obviously! It's just a petty girl who hasn't matured enough yet to grasp this stuff, why get upset? A tiny bit of school-work I'll forget in five years time? Did it really matter if I'm slightly humiliated at 13 years old, and even assuming that'll happen when GOD knows what that girl will say next? Come to think of it, i don't think even god knows.
Anyway, facts are, I'm writing a book, i have friends who actually like me (I hope), I'm in the top classes and what does she have? None of those things. No point in getting upset over her, right?

Um... so yeah. I took a smile that period, metaphorically speaking. And I'm fine. In all honesty, theres no point in getting upset over things that are so soon to be the past. I only remember - what - 2, 3 big fall outs what have really effected my life? So really, there's going to be immature girls like her for another four years, I'm better off just ignoring them and doing my own thing and being with friends I actually like and can trust. I've always been the fastest developer, inside and out and i'm just going to have to chin-up and deal with it!

2 comments:

  1. heey, i am now following your blog! i am a proud glaswegian too, so, as the traditional welcome goes... AWRITE WEE MAAHHHNN????????
    heh heh (: very funny :L
    Rose ~(:
    p.s, love the TAKEASMILE pic...verycute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWRIGHTTTE? Haha thanks for following !! i THINK i followed you a while ago but if not I'll do that right now!

    ReplyDelete